Cox Email is a free webmail service presented by Cox Communication Inc which is one of the biggest Internet service providers in the US. Please note the Cox email service is included in the Cox Internet package that’s why only Cox Internet users can sign up for Cox email. Nevertheless, the email service is quite good offering some very useful features. Like any other webmail service, Cox also includes some errors and issues. It is observed that many a time Cox stopped working due to these errors and issues.
If you use Cox email as your primary email address then you may have to face a lot of trouble due to these issues. However, you need not worry at all, you just need to read this article till the end and you will be able to get rid of this problem easily. Here, we will illustrate the various possible reasons why Cox not working for you and the techniques by which you can fix it effectively.
Common issues with Cox Email
As Cox email is used by a lot of users, the issues can be quite varied. However, despite the diverse nature of the issues there are some common problems that Cox users have to face quite regularly as given below:
- Unable to login to Cox
- Cox Email password not working
- Cox Not working with Iphone, Windows 10 PC
- Cox not loading on Internet Explorer
- Cox Email has stopped working on Android
- Unable to send email in Cox email
- Cox email not receiving email messages.
- Unable to sign-in to Cox on a mobile phone.
- Cox email not opening.
- Cox not responding on Google Chrome.
- Problems in managing multiple Cox accounts.
- Cox mail crash at opening.
- Cox email hanging and freezing regularly.
- Not able to delete Cox Email account.
- Forget Cox Password
We tried to include most common Cox errors and issues in the list mentioned above. However, you should note that apart from these issues, there are many more errors due to which Cox Stopped working every now and then.
Why Cox not working every now and then?
There are various reasons why the Cox users have to deal with issues while using Cox email service. As we have stated earlier, the issues with Cox email is very diverse and that’s why the reason causing the problem are also varied. Let go through some of the reasons why you might be facing the problem.
- Poor Internet Connection: If you are encountering problems like Cox not loading, Cox not opening, not responding etc. then the most probable reason behind your problem is a weak internet connection.
- Incompatible Browser: If you are using an incompatible browser then you may have to face different problems while using Cox webmail service.
- Cox Email account blocked: Sometimes, Cox blocks the email account of some users due to different reasons. It is possible that your Cox email account is blocked that’s why your Cox email not working properly.
- Incorrect Login Credential: The incorrect Cox user id and password is the most common reason behind the Cox login errors.
- Too many cache and cookies in the browser: The accumulation of cache and cookies in your browser can also result in Cox Email problems.
- Incorrect IMAP/ POP Settings: If you like to use Cox Email in other email clients such as Outlook then incorrect IMAP/ POP settings is the most probable reason why Cox stopped working for you.
- Software conflict due to the installed Antivirus: Sometimes, antivirus installed in your PC can block Cox Email. This can result in Cox not loading or not responding errors.
- Windows Firewall blocking Cox Email: Windows Firewall can also block Cox Email service similar to the antivirus.
How to Fix Cox Not working problem
In order the resolve the problem like Cox not working and stopped working, you need to fix the issues behind them. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to fix different issues in Cox email.
Unable to sign-in to Cox email service
Things can be quite problematic when you are expecting an important and all of a sudden you have to face a Cox sign-in error. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to fix Cox login issues.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that you are entering the correct Cox login credentials.
- If you forget Cox password then you should run Cox password recovery in order to reset Cox password.
- If you are still facing a problem even after resetting Cox password then you should clear your browser data and log in again. Browser data includes cache, cookies, history etc.
- After that, you should disable the add-ons of your browser to see if this resolves the problem.
- Contact Cox Customer service if all the above-mentioned instruction can’t help you sign in to Cox.
Cox not working on Android
If you can’t use Cox email on your android device or facing any problem then you should configure Cox on Android by following the steps given below:
- Go to your Android device home screen and Tap on “Application”.
- Tap on the “Email” icon.
- Tap on the “Menu” button followed by “Add Account”.
- Provide your full Cox email address and password.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Next” button.
- Finally, you need to provide your account name followed by your name and then tap “Done”.
You can easily use your Cox account on your android after setting it up using above-mentioned steps.
Unable to send Email on Cox
You should follow the steps given below in case you are having problems in sending emails on Cox.
- Firstly, you should ensure that you are connected to a fast internet connection.
- Also, ensure that you haven’t sent the maximum number of email you are allowed to send in a day.
- Make sure you are not in the block list of your recipient.
- Check IMAP or POP settings if you are using Cox on another email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
- Ask your recipients to check their Spam folder.
Cox Stopped working on Windows 10 PC
In case Cox not working or stopped working in your Windows 10 PC then you should follow the steps given below:
- The first thing you should check is the internet connection.
- If you are connected to a stable internet connection then you should check the browser. Make sure you are using the latest version of a compatible browser.
- Clear browser data such as cache and cookies etc.
- Turn-off extensions and add-ons installed in your browser and reload Cox to see if the problem gets fixed or not.
- In case the problem continues then you should turn off your antivirus and window firewall. Reload Cox email again to see if the problem gets fixed or not.
Cox Email not working on iPhone
Incorrect configuration is the most common reason why Cox Email not working on iPhone for many users. Here is how to you can configure Cox email in iPhone with ease.
- Go to your iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” button.
- In the “Settings” screen, you need to tap on “Accounts and Password”.
- Then tap on the “Add Account” button.
- Tap on the “Other” button under the “Add Account” screen.
- After that, you have to Tap “Add Mail Account”.
- Enter the following information under the “New Account” screen
- Cox Email Address
- Cox Password
- Your Name
- Tap on the “Next” button followed by “Save”.
That’s all you need to do to set up Cox in iPhone. You can now use Cox Email in iPhone with ease.
Cox not receiving Email
In case your Cox email account is not showing new emails then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you should check your spam/ trash folder.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the sender from whom you are expecting an email.
- Check Cox Email filters to see if there is any filter that is filtering the incoming emails.
- If the problem is with the Cox Email attachment then you should make sure that you have applications to read the attached file.
- Check POP or IMAP settings if you are receiving Cox email on another email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
- Ask your senders to check their “Sent” folder to be sure that they have sent the email.
- If the issue continues then you should ask your sender to contact the customer service of their email service provider.