When it comes to email service, AT&T needs no introduction. AT&T provides one of the most reliable and secure emailing service to the users, which has helped it in earning accolades all around the globe. However, sometimes while working with AT&T, users might face certain difficulties form time to time. One such major issue is AT&T forgot password. But, the good news here is that one can very easily reset AT&T password either using a temporary password or by answering the security answers. In this article, the complete details of AT&T Password Recovery are elaborated. In case, you are also facing trouble with your AT&T password, kindly go through it.
How to recover AT&T password?
AT&T provides the users different ways to reset or recover their password. Whether you forgot your password due to frequent changing or you have not logged in for a long time and therefore you do not remember the password, you can always recover it. The most common ways to do that is to use a temporary password received through SMS or email. Another way is by answering the security questions for your account.
In case you still remember you password and want to change it otherwise, you can also do that by signing in to your account.
AT&T Password Recovery Using Temporary Password
You can receive a temporary password on your recovery email id or recovery phone number for resetting your AT&T password. The steps to recover password using this method are given below:
- Visit the AT&T login page and click on the ‘forgot password?’ link.
- Now, select the password tab under ‘I forgot my…’ section.
- Provide the user ID under the specified tab. You can use your user ID as well as your AT&T email.
- The user will also have to provide their last name and enter the captcha code.
- After providing the required details, click on ‘continue’.
- A new page will appear asking you about the reset method.
- Select ‘send me a temporary password’ on this page.
- Next, select how you want to receive the temporary password- email on recovery email id or SMS on recovery phone number.
- Click on ‘continue’ to receive the temporary password.
- Use this password to create a new one.
AT&T Password Recovery Using Security Question
- Click the ‘forgot password?’ link on the AT&T login page.
- Provide your user id, last name and the captcha code and tap on ‘continue’.
- In the reset method page that appears, select ‘I’ll answer my security questions’.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to answer your security questions and reset your password.
What if I forgot my AT&T ID and Password both?
In case you forgot your user id and password and want to recover them both, follow these steps:
- Go to the official AT&T login page.
- Select the ‘forgot user id?’ link and select ‘user id and password’.
- Now enter your contact email and captcha code and select ‘continue’.
- Choose the method in which you want to receive your user id.
- Provide the received user id in the specified field.
- Now, select the way to reset your password- temporary password or security answer.
- Set the new password and login to your account using your new user id and password.
Reset a known AT&T password
If you want to create a new password for your account due to security or any other reason, the steps to do so are mentioned below:
- Go to the login page of AT&T and sign in to your account using your user id and password.
- Tap on the gear shaped icon on the right-hand corner of the page.
- Next, click on the gear drop down arrow and select ‘settings’.
- Select ‘accounts’ > ‘change password’.
- Enter the new password of your choice and click on ‘save’.
Tips to create strong password
While selecting a new password for your AT&T account, there are some points you should keep in mind. These points can help you in creating a strong password that will be hard to predict. A strong password can help in making your account more secure.
- Make a long password (6-24 characters) as a long password is difficult to be guessed.
- Do not use a single word as your password. Be creative while selecting a password.
- Your password must contain at least one capital letter, one small letter, one numeric character and one special character.
- Name, date of birth or any other personal information should not be used as password.
- The new password set should not be re-used and passwords should be different for different accounts.
- Do not use letters or alphabets in series for your password.
How to make your account more secure?
Apart from selecting an unpredictable password, there are certain other things you can do to make your account more secure. Some of the easiest things you can try to ensure optimum account security are given below:
- Always keep your email address up-to-date.
- Go to ‘profile’ and select ‘contact info’.
- Tap on the ‘email’ tab and go to User ID email.
- Under this section, click on ‘edit’.
- Enter the new alternate email address and click on ‘save’.
- Keep your security questions updated
- Go to ‘profile’ and click on ‘sign-in info’.
- Now, tap on ‘online security questions’
- Click on ‘change security questions’.
- Update your answers, and save the changes.
- Make sure that your device is protected from any virus or malware.
- Never open any suspicious email or download files from un-trusted sources.
- Always remember to sign out from your account especially if you are on a public computer or public network.
- Do not share your password or any verification code with anyone.
- Make sure the security for your Wi-Fi connection is enabled.
- An up-to-date browser is one of the simplest and most effective ways to protect your account. Also, clear cookies and caches from time to time.
- Uninstall unwanted programs and applications that you no longer use from your system.