AT&T is a free email service available to AT&T internet customers. After the AT&T partnership with Yahoo mail, many features in AT&T are revamped and many new functions are also added. Additionally, AT&T offers amazing security to your email messages with its best in class encryption. Despite all such benefits there are many issues in AT&T that can cause a great deal of trouble for the users. None of the devices is absolutely immune to the AT&T email issues. It is not at all rare to found AT&T user grumbling about issues like AT&T not working on windows computer, AT&T stopped working on iPhone etc.
No matter which device you are using, you may miss some highly important email if you don’t fix the AT&T issue quickly. This tutorial is for those AT&T customers who are facing troubles because their AT&T stopped working. Through this post, they can find the most probable reason why AT&T not working for them and methods to fix the issues.
What are the common issues and errors in ATT Email?
AT&T is one of the most popular email services in the US. It has a huge customer base with millions of users. Every single user can have his completely unique issue with AT&T. Still, there are many common problems that are faced by a lot of users as given below.
- AT&T not working on Google Chrome.
- AT&T not receiving emails.
- Unable to log in to AT&T.
- AT&T email not synching with by Mobile phone
- AT&T not working on iPhone
- Not able to download attached file in AT&T email
- ATT not responding on Internet Explorer.
- Unable to reset AT&T Password.
- AT&T not working on Mac device
- ATT not opening mail attachment.
- Forget AT&T password.
- AT&T email account got hacked.
- Not able to change AT&T password.
- AT&T not working on Outlook.
These are just some of the most common errors and issues with AT&T mails. Actually, there are many more issues that can cause hindrance in the proper workflow of AT&T.
How to get rid of the issues why AT&T stopped working for you?
In order to keep the proper workflow of AT&T emails you should fix the issues as early as possible. As the issues are diverse in nature the steps to fix them also varies for different issues. Let’s take a look at the steps to fix some of the most common problems in AT&T webmail.
AT&T Email Sign-in Issues
Here are the steps that the users facing problems like unable to login to AT&T, unable to sign-in etc. must follow.
- To start the proceedings, you should make sure that you not entering the incorrect User ID or password.
- If you forget AT&T Email password then you should reset AT&T password through the AT&T password recovery.
- If you are sure that you are not entering the incorrect password then make sure that Caps lock key is not pressed on your Keyboard.
- Make sure that you are using AT&T on a compatible device and browser.
- Switch to another browser if the problem continues.
- In case your AT&T account hacked by someone then you should contact AT&T customer service.
AT&T Emails not sending problem
If you are not able to send messages through your AT&T email account then you may follow the instructions given below:
- Ensure that you are entering the correct email address of the recipients.
- There is a limited number of Emails that you can send in a day using AT&T. Make sure you haven’t sent more emails than the prescribed limit.
- Check that your Email account is not blocked by AT&T. Generally, AT&T blocks the email account due to sending a lot of spam messages.
- Make sure that the size of your Email message is less than the maximum limit.
- Ask your recipients to make sure they haven’t blocked you mistakenly.
- Ask your recipients to check their spam or trash folder.
- Check your draft and sent folder. If your email is in the sent folder then you should ask your recipient to contact their email service customer support.
AT&T Email not working on Google Chrome
AT&T Email is readily compatible with Google Chrome. If you are facing problem in using AT&T on Google Chrome then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Clear the chrome browser’s data such as cache, cookies, search history etc.
- Turn off extensions and add-ons installed in the Chrome browser. You should disable extensions progressively which means you should reload AT&T email after turning off each extension.
- Sometimes, the antivirus installed in your PC can also block AT&T from running properly on Chrome. This happens due to software conflict between Google Chrome and Antivirus. In such a situation, you should load AT&T again after disabling Antivirus.
- Switch to any other browser to check if AT&T is working on that browser or not.
- If AT&T is not working on other browsers as well then you should make sure your account is not blocked by AT&T.
- In case the problem continues then you should get in touch with the AT&T customer support helpline.
AT&T not working on iPhone
The most common reason why AT&T email does work in iPhone is improper configuration. Follow the steps given below in order to configure AT&T email in iPhone and use it properly.
- Open “Settings” in your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars”.
- Tap on the “Add Account” button followed by “Other”.
- Then, tap on “Add Mail Account” and enter the following information
- Name: Your Full Name
- Email: Your Complete AT&T email address
- Password: Correct AT&T email password.
- Description: Just enter “AT&T”.
- Under the “Incoming mail server”, you need to select “IMAP” and enter the following information.
- Hostname: imap.mail.att.net
- Username: Your AT&T email
- Password: Your AT&T email password.
- Scroll down and enter the following information under “Outgoing mail server”
- Hostname: smtp.mail.att.net
- Username: Email address.
- Password: AT&T email password.
- In the next screen, you need to tap “Save” and choose your email address.
- Choose SMTP under the “outgoing mail server”.
- Then, you need to choose “Smtp.mail.att.net” under the main server. Ensure that the following information is appearing.
- SSL: ssl
- Server port: 465
- After that, you should tap on the “Done” button and go back to the previous screen,
- Select “Advanced” and ensure that the following information is appearing
- SSL : ssl
- Server port: imap.mail.att.net
- Finally, Go back to the previous screen one more time and restart your iPhone to finish the setup.
In case your AT&T email not working on Android Device then you can use the above-mentioned steps to set up AT&T in Android as well.
Not receiving Emails on AT&T
Here is how can troubleshoot email receiving problem in AT&T.
- Firstly, you need to sign out of AT&T email and sign in again.
- Make sure that the incoming emails are not landing in your Spam folder.
- Try to open AT&T email on a different browser.
- Clear the cookies and caches of your browser.
- Check the “Blocked Addresses” section in the AT&T email to make sure you haven’t blocked the sender.
- Review your filters to ensure that incoming emails are landing in the correct folders.
- Disable extensions and add-ons of your browser to fix any possible software conflict.
- Make sure your Adobe Flash Player is enabled and up to date.
You should be able to receive emails on AT&T after following the steps mentioned above. In case the grievance continues then you should contact AT&T support.