Comcast is a famous email service offered by Xfinity which is a renowned internet service provider. Although Comcast is loaded with some great features it incorporates some problem & issues as well. Some of these issues are Comcast password not working, forget Comcast password, unable to reset Comcast password etc. The resolution to all such problems is Comcast password recovery. It allows you to create a new password for Comcast email account so that you can log in easily.
It is not possible to retrieve the exact same password that you have lost for your Comcast email address. Comcast password recovery allows you to create the new password only it can’t retrieve the lost password. If you are also a Comcast email user who can’t remember Comcast password then this article can help you significantly. Here, we will illustrate the step by step method to recover Comcast password with ease.
Why you need Comcast Password Recovery?
The Comcast Password Recovery is the lifeline for the users who are unable to log in to Comcast Email account. It is true that the Comcast login issues can also arise due to many other factors as well but the most common reasons for Comcast sign-in issues are related to the password. Here are some situations in which Comcast Password Recovery becomes necessary.
Forget Comcast Password: It is quite obvious that you need to reset Comcast password in case you have forgotten it. You need to run Comcast email password recovery in order to reset or retrieve Comcast password
Comcast Email got hacked: If your Comcast Email account is hacked by someone then Comcast password recovery is necessary to get your Comcast account back. You need to act quickly if your Comcast email got hacked because you won’t be able to recover a password if your password recovery option changed by the hacker.
Comcast password not working: Sometimes, you may find it difficult to log in to Comcast email account after changing the password. This happens because sometimes you set a password too complex for you to enter it again. In such a situation, you need to create an easier password after running Comcast password recovery.
How to recover Comcast password?
Whatever is the reason, if you want to recover Comcast password then you can do it easily by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to visit the reset password page of Xfinity/ Comcast i.e. www.xfinity.com/password.
- Then, you need to provide your Comcast username and click on the “Continue” button.
- After that, you need to enter the captcha code. You can also opt for Audio/ video challenge if you found it difficult to enter the captcha code.
- Choose the method by which you want to recover the Comcast email password. You can choose any of the following methods:
- Email Me: Choose this option if you want to recover Comcast password through the Comcast recovery Email address.
- Text Me: You need to select this option if you want to get verification code as a text message on Comcast password recovery phone number.
- Call Me: You can also get the verification code via a phone call as well. You should use this function if you want to receive a code via phone call.
- In case you don’t have an email address or phone number added to your Comcast Email account then you need to click on the “Try a different method” button. After that, you will be asked to answer the secret question and your Zip code on the account.
- Enter the verification code, click on the reset password link or answer the secret questions as applicable.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter a new password under the “Create a password” option.
- Enter the new password once again in order to confirm it.
- Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- Finally, a confirmation page will appear stating that your password has been reset.
The Comcast password recovery option is now complete. You should check the new login credentials by log in to Comcast email once again.
How to Change Comcast Password?
If you just want to change the Comcast password instead of resetting it then you should try the steps mentioned below
- Firstly, you need to sign in to Comcast account and open “My Account”.
- Open “Users” tab from the top of the page.
- Click on the “Edit” button next to the account you would like to update.
- Then, click on the “Edit” button available right next to the Password.
- Enter the current password and new password in the respective fields.
- Confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button from the bottom of the window.
Your Comcast Email password is now changed. In case you face any issue or error message while changing password then you should get in touch with Comcast help and support service.
Update Comcast Security Questions
Similarly to the Comcast password, you can also change Comcast security Questions to make Comcast password recovery much easier.
- Login to your Comcast account and open “my account”.
- Go to the “users” tab from the menu appearing at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Edit” button appearing next to the email account you are looking to edit.
- Click on “Edit” next to the “Security Question”.
- Enter your current password to confirm your identity.
- Select the new question as your security question.
- Enter the answer for your security question. The length of your security question should be at least 3 characters.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Note: It is also possible to change Roadrunner secret question through the settings tab in My Account option.
Once you are done with settings the Security Questions, you can use them as your Comcast password recovery options.
Tips to create a strong Comcast Password
Here are some tips and tricks you may follow in order to create a strong Comcast password.
- Don’t use obvious information: You should restrict yourself from using obvious information such as your SSN, date of birth, name etc. as your password.
- Use long password: The length of your password should be between 8 to 16 characters.
- Use the entire keyboard: Your password should contain a combination of letters (lower case and upper case), number and symbols.
- Never use common series like 123, abcd, Qwerty etc. in your password.
Safeguard your Comcast Account against Hacking
Hacking is the dark reality of the Internet. With the aid of latest technology, a hacker can easily break into your account security if you are not aware enough. Here are some tips that can really help you keep your Comcast Email account against hacking.
- Keep changing your Comcast password regularly. It is recommended that you should change your password every 30 to 60 days.
- Never click on the suspicious link either on any website or your inbox.
- Don’t give third applications access to your email account.
- Never share your password, security answers, and verification code with anyone.
- Keep high-quality antivirus software installed in your PC.
- To make Comcast password recovery easier in the future, you should keep updating your account recovery options.