Comcast is a famous email service offered by Xfinity to its high speed internet users. The best thing about the Comcast email service is that you can use it even after discontinuing the services of Xfinity internet services. The overall functionality and user-interface of Comcast email are quite smooth. However, despite having all these benefits, there are many severe issues in Comcast due to which users have to face problems like Comcast stopped working every now and then.
You can fix most of the Comcast issue easily by following some general troubleshooting steps. Still, there are some issues that can cause a great deal of nuisance for the users. In this tutorial, we will list down the various issues and error in Comcast email service along with the techniques to resolve them.
What are the issues and problems why Comcast not working for you?
It is very difficult to list all the common errors and issues in Comcast as the email service is used by a lot of people. Every individual Xfinity customer can face a unique Problem with Comcast. However, there are some common problems faced by the users a lot more frequently as given below:
- Comcast email password not working
- Comcast email not working on iPhone
- Unable to load Comcast email attachment.
- Problem due to Comcast not working with Outlook.
- Comcast login not working
- Comcast not loading on windows computer
- Not able to send emails on Comcast
- Comcast email not receiving emails
- Hacked Comcast email account
- Comcast not opening attached files in an email
- Comcast email account blocked.
Kindly note that these are just a few of various possible issues due to which the problems like Comcast stopped working occurs. Regardless of the issues, if you are barred from accessing your Comcast email account then it is possible that you may miss some vital emails. That’s why it is important that you keep Comcast email in a smooth running condition always.
How to the issues why Comcast Stopped working?
The general troubleshooting steps to fix various issues in Comcast are as follows. If you are facing any of these problems then you should follow these steps.
Comcast email login not working
The grumbles like Unable to login to Comcast, not able to sign-in to Comcast are very common among the Comcast users. Given below are the steps you may follow in order to fix these issues.
- The first and foremost thing you should check is your login password and email id. Make sure you are not entering the incorrect password.
- In case you forgot Comcast password then you need to recover it through the Comcast password recovery.
- By password recovery, you can reset Comcast password with ease.
- Make sure you are using the Comcast email service on the compatible device and browser.
- Stop the extensions and add-ons installed in your browser and then see if you are able to log in now.
Comcast not sending emails
If you are unable to send emails on Comcast then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you should make sure that you are connected to a smooth internet connection.
- You can send an email message to a maximum of 100 recipients in Comcast email. Make sure you are not sending a message to more than 100 recipients.
- A user is allowed to send up to 1000 emails in a day. Make sure you haven’t crossed these limits.
- Ensure that your Comcast email account is not blocked by Xfinity. Generally, Xfinity blocks an email account due to sending a large number of Spam messages.
- Try to send email message again from a different browser and device.
- Check your draft and sent folder. If the message lies in your sent folder then it means that the message is sent from your end. In such a situation you should call your recipient and check the following things.
- Ask your recipients to ensure they haven’t blocked you.
- Ask them to check their spam folder.
- If the problem continues then you should ask your recipients to contact customer service of their email service provider.
Comcast not receiving emails
Here are the steps you should follow in case you are not able to receive emails on your Comcast email account.
- Check your spam folder because sometimes the new incoming emails can land there as well.
- There are some blocked file extensions in Comcast. If the email message contains a file with these blocked extensions then you won’t be able to receive them. Some of the blocked extensions are .exe, .reg, .msi, .cmd, .com, .pif, .scr etc.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the sender.
- Ensure that you have enough storage space in your Comcast email account to store new messages.
- Open Comcast in other device and browser. Check if you are still facing the problem or not.
- In case the problem continues then you should contact Comcast customer support.
Comcast not loading or hanging constantly
In case you are not able to use Comcast on a windows computer then you should follow the steps given below:
- Make sure you are trying to load Comcast on a compatible browser such as Chrome, IE etc.
- The device you are using should also be compatible with Comcast.
- Clear browser’s cache and cookies.
- The add-ons and extensions installed in your browser can also make Comcast to hang. Disable these add-ons & extensions and try to load Comcast again.
- Similarly to the extensions, antivirus can also cause problems in a proper opening of Comcast. In such a situation you should disable antivirus and load Comcast again.
Comcast email is designed to run smoothly on Android. However, if you are having problems then you should follow the steps given below:
- Try to run Comcast email again after restarting your android phone.
- Clear app data and check if this resolves the problem.
- Make sure your Android device is connected to a fast internet connection.
- If the problem continues then you should remove Comcast email from your phone and configure it again by following the steps given below:
- Tap on the “Email” App.
- Enter your Comcast email id and password
- Tap on “Next”.
- Set your Inbox checking frequency and Tap on done.
- Name your account (Optional)
- Wait till Comcast email configuration gets completed.
Your Comcast email account should work fine after reconfiguring it.
Comcast not working on iPhone
If your Comcast email account is not working on iPhone then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Restart your iPhone and try to run Comcast once again.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to an uninterrupted internet connection.
- If the issue persists then you should reconfigure Comcast by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to tap on the Mail client in iPhone.
- Tap on the “other” option under the “Welcome to Mail” screen.
- Then, under the “New Account” window, you need to provide your Comcast email address and password.
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Verify the information entered by you.
- Your Comcast.net email account will be configured automatically as IMAP by default.
Once you are done with reconfiguration, Comcast email should work fine.