Cox email is a free web-based email service that is included in the package of Cox high-speed Internet connection. This email service offers some stupendous benefits such as 2 GB of free storage, spam blocker etc. With the presence of prestigious email service like Gmail and Outlook many users don’t use Cox email id as their primary email address. This is the reason why a lot of users forget Cox email password quite frequently. In such a situation, the users have to reset Cox Password to get their email accounts back. Although it is quite easy to run Cox password recovery you need to take care of certain things.
If you are also a Cox email user want to recover Cox Password then this article is just for you. Here, we will discuss step by step method of Cox password recovery.
How to recover Cox Password with Cox Email password Reset number?
Gone are days when you have to worry about recovering the lost Cox Password. Now, if you have password recovery options such as Cox password reset number added to your account, you can reset Cox password easily. All you need to do so follow the step by step method mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Cox i.e. www.cox.com.
- Click on the “Sign in my account” link from the home page.
- Click on the “Forget password?” button from the bottom of the window. The option is available next to the “Forget User ID” link.
- After that, the Cox Forget my password page will appear on your screen.
- Then, you need to enter your primary Cox User ID in the User ID field.
- Click on the “Find Account” button from the bottom.
- Now, you need to select the method by which you want to confirm your identity. You should note that it is compulsory to confirm your identity in order to reset Cox Password. You will get up to three options from the following in order to verify your identity.
- Answer security question: Here, you need to answer the security questions
- Send Email: Cox will send a verification email with a security code to your alternate email id. You will get this option only if you have an alternate email ID added to your account.
- Text Me: If you choose this option, Cox will send a text message with a security code to your verification phone number.
- Call me: Apart from the text, you can also receive a call from Cox to receive security code on your phone number.
Note: You will get the option of “Call me” and “Text me” only if you have added Cox Forgot password recovery number to your account.
- Choose Text me or call me option if you have access to your phone number currently.
- Then you need to click on the radio button next to your Cox recovery phone number and click on “Send Codes”.
- You will receive the security code on your phone number via text message or call.
- Enter the six-digit verification/ security code received on your phone number. This will open the “Create new password” page.
- Type the new Cox password which you want to use for your future sign-in.
- Re-enter the new password for confirmation.
- Finally, you need to click on the “Finish Password Reset” button from the bottom of the window.
The new Cox password is set. Now, you can check the new password by sign-in to Cox account once again.
Resetting Cox Password with Security Questions
If you don’t have Cox Password recovery number or secondary email ID added to your account then you may reset Cox password using security question.
- Visit Cox Email sign-in page and click on the “Sign in my account” link.
- Click on the “Forget Password?” link from the bottom.
- Enter your Cox user Id and click on the “Find Account” button.
- Choose “Answer the security question” when prompted to select the method of Cox Password recovery.
- Now, you need to answer the security question selected by you at the time when you create Cox email account.
- Click on the “next” button after answering the security questions.
- Then in the “create new password” page, you need to enter a new Cox password.
- Confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
- Finally, click on “Finish Password reset” button.
You can now log in to Cox account using the new password.
How to recover Cox User ID?
If you don’t use the services of Cox regularly then you may also forget the Cox User Id along with the password. If this is the case with you then you don’t have to worry at all. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you can recover Cox ID with ease.
- Firstly, you need to visit the Cox homepage i.e. www.cox.com.
- Click on the “Sign-in my account” button from the top.
- Then, click on the “Forget User ID” button from the bottom.
- Now, in order to locate your User ID, you will have to select any of the following three options.
- My Phone Number: If you choose this option then you need to enter your phone number associated with the Cox email account.
- My Account Number: You can use this option if you have access to Cox Account number and Zip code.
- My Address: In this option, you need to provide your complete street address including zip code, Cox PIN or Last Four of SSN.
- Enter your phone number, address or account number as per your preference and click on next.
- Your Cox User ID will appear on your screen.
How to change Cox Password?
Till now, we are assuming that you are unable to login to Cox and that’s why you want to recover the password. However, if you are able to sign-in to Cox email and want to change Cox password then you can do it by following the steps given below:
- To start the proceeding, you need to log into your Cox account normally by using the User ID and current password.
- Click on the “View My Profile” link from the top of the page.
- Then, under the “My profile” page, you need to open the “password & security” tab.
- After that, you need to click the “Edit” button in the password & security tab.
- Now, you need to enter your current password for the security purpose.
- Enter the new password for your Cox account.
- Confirm the new password by re-entering it.
- Finally, you can click on the “Save Changes” button to finish the password change process.
Cox Password Guidelines
Changing or resetting password requires you to create a new password. Here are the guidelines you need to follow while creating the new password.
- The password should be 8 to 20 characters long.
- The new password should include at least one letter and one number.
- Cox password must not contain any form of the word “password”, your user id or email.
- You can include special characters such as !@%$^()
- Please note that the Cox password is Case sensitive.
How to keep your Cox account safe in the future?
The Cox password recovery is fairly easy but sometimes it may cause some hassle. It is a smart idea to follow the precautionary measures given below in order to keep your Cox account safe.
- You should change Cox password regularly.
- The new password you create for your Cox account should not be easy to guess. For example – you should not keep your nickname as your password.
- Keep password recovery options such as Cox password recovery number and email ID updated in your Cox account.
- Note down the answers to your security question so that you don’t have to face problems in remembering answers to security questions.
- Don’t forget to sign out of Cox when using it on a public computer.