Fix Outlook search not working & Solution of Outlook email search problems in Windows
Outlook is one of the most preferred email service used by the billions of people all across the world. As long as it’s working fine, the users experience wonderful email experience, but problems start to begin when the Outlook starts displaying errors. When Outlook stops working, it can seriously affect your ability to quickly navigate through your emails. One such error/anomaly is the malfunctioning of the search option in Outlook. Many users complain that they cannot perform the search in Microsoft Outlook anymore. If you are among those users, then it’s really important for you to know how to fix this issue. Don’t worry as there is a solution for “Outlook search not working” issue. Follow the post to know how to get rid of Outlook search problems.
Outlook Common issue solved by Step by Step
- Message stuck in my outbox? getting outlook
- How do I recall or replace an email message that you sent in outlook mail
- Attach File Button Not Working In New Outlook Messages
- How Do I Fix Error Outlook Error Code 8
- Fix Outlook search not working & Solution of Outlook email search problems in Window
- How do I mark message as read or unread in outlook account?
Solution of Outlook email search problems in Windows
It can become very frustrating when the Outlook stops searching for emails. It not only affects your work but also consume your time as you get nothing from the search results. Here are the key reasons why you might be facing search issues in Outlook-
- There might be large file attachments interrupting the functioning of the Outlook.
- There might be something wrong with the windows indexing services, which is creating this problem.
- Somehow, the Outlook data files might not have been indexed properly.
- There might be a corrupted date file which is impacting the search results in Outlook email.
These are some of the main reasons behind the Outlook search problems. Now it’s time to know how to get the permanent resolution of this issue. Here’s what you need to do to fix the “Outlook search not working” issue-
Step 1: Remove Windows search feature from control panel
- Go to the control panel, double-click the “add or remove programs”.
- On the left side, click “turn windows features on or off”.
- A list will be displayed from which you have to “uncheck” the windows search option.
- Click “yes” when a warning message is displayed.
- Confirm the step and restart the Windows. Follow step 2 for next procedure.
Step 2: Enable the Windows search feature from the control panel
- Once again navigate to the Control panel in the Windows and go to the “add or remove programs”.
- Click “turn windows features on or off”.
- A list will appear in which you have to put a check across the “windows search” option.
- Now wait for the Windows to make the necessary changes.
- Restart your PC when prompted.
- Open Outlook email and check if you can perform the search in it or not. If not, then perform the step 3 given below to fix the issue.
Step 3: Rebuild the Index of the Windows
- Go to the Control Panel of the Windows and double-click the “indexing options”.
- Click the “advance options” from the advanced settings.
- Click “ok” and let the rebuilding finish. After rebuilding is done, close the window and open Outlook.
- Now the search function in Outlook will work properly. Visit to more contact Outlook Support Service