Gmail Stopped Working: Your Email account is the center of all your online activities. No matter you are looking to shop online or use any social media platform, you need to have an email id to work properly. Gmail is a fabulous email service that has all the features that an ideal email service should have. This is the reason why it is one of the most preferred email services around the globe having millions of users. Although using Gmail is quite easy it is not uncommon to see Gmail users complaining about the problems like Gmail not working or Gmail stopped working.
There are a lot of issues that can cause this type of problems. In order to fix these problems, it is important that you first diagnose the issue that is causing them. If you are a Gmail user and Gmail stopped working for your all of a sudden then this article is just for you. Here, we will take you through the steps you should follow in order to make Gmail work fine for you again.
Gmail not working or stopped working problem or Unable To Load Gmail account
You should note that there is no single particular reason why users have to deal with this problem. Actually, there are so many errors and issues in Gmail that can stop it from working properly. Some of these common errors and issues are as follows:
- Gmail not opening on chrome.
- Gmail not responding.
- Unable to log into Gmail.
- Unable to load gmail account
- Gmail not loading properly.
- Gmail working very slowly.
- Unable to attach files into a Gmail message.
- Gmail won’t load in an Internet browser.
- Gmail not working on iPhone.
- Not able to send email on Gmail.
- Gmail stopped working on android.
- Unable to receive email on Gmail.
- Unable to sign-in to Gmail on a mobile phone.
These are just examples of many more issues and problem that can cause Gmail to work improperly or not to work at all. This are the just the issues, let’s move on to discuss the reason why you have to face these issues.
Why Gmail stopped working all of a sudden?
Gmail stops working problem because of different errors and issues. As the issues and errors are quite diverse the factors causing them are also quite diverse. It is not possible to list down all the possible factors or reasons in a single post but still, there are some general issues as given below:
- Slow Internet connection: If Gmail is loading slowly for you or not loading at all then problem might be related to your internet connection. Gmail doesn’t work well with a slow and interrupted internet connection.
- Gmail services might be down: It is also possible that Gmail server might be down in your area and that’s why you might be facing Gmail not working problem.
- Compatibility of the browser you are using: It is extremely important that you use a compatible browser to load Gmail. An incompatible browser can lead to a lot of problem in using Gmail.
- Add-ons and extensions installed in your browser: We install add-ons and extensions in browsers to do our work smoothly. However, many a time, we have seen these third-party add-ons and extension causing a lot of problems in Gmail.
- Caches and cookies of your browser: The accumulation of way too many caches and cookies in your browser can also cause a different type of errors. If the Gmail is loading very slowly for you then it is quite possible that Caches and cookies in your browser causing this to happen.
- Antivirus software installed in your device: The software conflict due to the antivirus in your PC can also be a reason why you have to face such problems.
- Windows firewall settings of your PC: Similarly, to the antivirus, windows firewall can also block Gmail from loading properly in your browser.
- POP/ IMAP: If you are using Gmail in other email clients such as Outlook, Yahoo etc. then incorrect POP/ IMAP settings can also be the reason why you have to face these problems.
- Incorrect login credentials: If you are facing problems because you are unable to sign-in to Gmail then it is possible that you might be using the incorrect login credentials.
Apart for these, there are many more reasons that can cause different errors and issues in Gmail.
How to Fix Gmail not working/ stopped working issues?
The procedure to fix Gmail problems depends upon the reason why are facing the particular problem. You should progressively follow the steps given in order to get rid of these problems.
Step – 1: Check Internet Connection
- The first thing you should check is your internet connection.
- Make sure you are connected to a good internet connection without any interruption.
Step – 2: Check Gmail Status
- Check Gmail server status in your area. In order to do that you need to visit the Google status website.
- The Google status website will have information about the outage (If any) of all Google services including Gmail.
Step – 3: Check your Browser
- Make sure that you are using Gmail on a compatible browser.
- You should note that Gmail is fully compatible with browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari or Microsoft Edge only.
- Also, ensure that you are not using an outdated version of the browser. If it is so then you should update your browser and load Gmail again.
Step – 4: Clear Browsing Data
- If you are sure that you are using a compatible browser then you should clear your browser’s data that such as cookies, caches and history.
- The procedure to clear browsing data is different for all the browsers. You should visit the website of the developer of your browser to know how you can delete the browsing data of the browser you are using.
Step – 5: Make sure you are using the correct login credentials
- If you are facing Gmail login issues then you should check your login credentials. Also, make sure that the caps lock button is not pressed on your keyboard because the password is case sensitive.
- If you forget Gmail password, you should reset Gmail password by running Gmail password recovery.
- Make sure to enable Gmail two-step verification if you think someone has hacked your Gmail account.
Step – 6: Disable Add-ons and Extension installed in Browser
- In case the problem continues then you should disable the 3rd party add-ons and extension installed in your browser.
- Disable these Add-ons and Extensions one by one try to reload Gmail again after disabling each extension. This will give you an idea about the extension that is causing the problem.
Step – 7: Disable Antivirus and Windows Firewall settings
- To check if there is any software conflict due to your Antivirus or Windows Firewall, you should disable them temporarily.
- In case Gmail stopped working even after disabling Antivirus and Firewall then you may enable Antivirus to make sure your PC remains safe.
Step – 8: Check POP/ IMAP
- Make sure you are using the correct IMAP/ POP settings if you are using Gmail on other email clients such as Outlook, Incredimail Etc.
- If the problem is with your Email client then you should contact tech support of the email client in which you are using Gmail.
Step – 9: Contact Gmail Support
- If all the above-mentioned steps fail to fix your problem and still Gmail not working for you then you should contact Gmail Support.