Roadrunner Password Recovery Steps: Roadrunner is a free webmail service offered to the spectrum internet users. Roadrunner email has some really awesome features such as free internal storage of up to 5 GB, automatic email sorting etc. Despite all these features, a lot of users are reluctant to use Roadrunner as their primary email address. The reason behind this is the presence of other renowned email services like Gmail, Yahoo etc. The customers who don’t use Roadrunner as their primary email often forget their password. If you also forgot Roadrunner password due to any reason then you need not worry at all because the process of Roadrunner password recovery is quite easy.
You should note that it is easier to recover roadrunner password if you have password recovery options such as phone number added to your account. This tutorial is intended to help the Roadrunner users to run roadrunner password recovery in order to reset their password with ease.
How to recover Roadrunner Password?
Before running Roadrunner password recovery you should note that your account should not be inactive from last 180 days. If you haven’t used your Roadrunner email id from last 180 days then it might not be possible to retrieve your password. Otherwise, you can recover Roadrunner password with ease by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to visit Roadrunner webmail login page.
- Then, you need to click the “Forget your Email password?” link from the bottom of the login window. This will open the “Recovery option & Credentials” page.
- Click the “Reset password” link and provide the alternate email address associated with your account.
- An email containing the reset password link will be sent to your alternate email address.
Note: The reset password link will expire in 24 hours. You need to check your alternate email address and password reset link within 24 hours.
- Check your alternate email ID and click on the “Reset password” link.
- Then, you need to type in the username associated with your Roadrunner account and click on the “next” button. You will need to enter your username only if you have multiple usernames associated with the alternate email ID you provided in the earlier steps.
- After that, you need to answer the security questions to the best of your knowledge. The security questions are the ones you have selected while creating the Roadrunner Email ID.
- Click on the “next” button when you are done with answering the security questions.
- Then, enter the new password and click on the “next” button.
- The “Password reset complete” message will appear as soon as you enter the new password. This will confirm your Roadrunner password recovery.
- Finally, you may click on the “Continue” button and you will be re-directed to the “Account Summary” page automatically.
If you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully then you should definitely be able to recover lost Roadrunner password. However, in some rare cases, you may encounter some errors and issues. In such cases, you should contact Roadrunner password customer support for further instructions.
How to retrieve lost Roadrunner username?
As you can see in the steps to recover Roadrunner password, you need to have your Roadrunner username handy while running Roadrunner password recovery. But, what if you forget your Roadrunner username? Well, you should not panic in such a situation because it is very easy to recover Roadrunner username. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to visit the roadrunner email login page using any compatible web browser.
- After that, you should click on the “Forget Email Address” button available at the bottom of the login window.
- Then, spectrum roadrunner will ask you to enter the alternative email id or phone number associated with your Roadrunner email ID.
- Enter the alternate email id and phone number as per your preference.
- Once done with entering the email id and phone number, you will be asked to answer the security question.
- Answer the security questions. (Try to use exact answers which you have set while creating Roadrunner email account).
- Your Roadrunner email address/ username will appear on your screen if the answers provided by you are correct.
Now, as you know your email address you can easily login to roadrunner email account using your password. If you don’t know the password then you should retrieve roadrunner password by following the steps mentioned to reset Roadrunner password.
Change Roadrunner Email password
To safeguard your roadrunner email address from the online threats like hacking, phishing etc, you should change your password frequently. Changing password is different from recovering password. Changing password is a lot easier than recovering password. However, you need to login to Roadrunner if you are looking to change the password.
- Visit the Roadrunner login page.
- Click on the Forget password link from the bottom.
- Then, on the next page you will have two option as given below:
- “I know my email password and I want to change it”.
- “I don’t know my email password”.
- If you choose “I don’t know my email password” then you will be re-directed to Roadrunner password recovery.
- In case you select “I know my email password and I want to change it” option then you will be prompted to log in.
- Sign-in to roadrunner using your email address, password.
- You also need to enter your Cable modem MAC Address if you haven’t used the Roadrunner password reset tool before.
- Next, you need to answer the security question. Remember your answers are case sensitive so try to type the answers in exact uppercase or lowercase letters.
- Finally, you need to enter the new password for your roadrunner email address.
You are good to go after entering the new password. You will be logged out automatically after changing the password. You need to log-in again using the new password after changing it.
Roadrunner Password Guidelines
You should get rid of problems like unable to login to roadrunner, roadrunner password not working etc. using the password recovery methods we mentioned above. You must have noticed that you need to enter the new password while changing or resetting the password. Note that your new Roadrunner password should follow the guidelines given below:
- Your Roadrunner password should be 8 to 16 characters long.
- It is compulsory to include one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one number in your password.
- You must also include one special character in your password such as ! @ # $ _ – ] *
- Don’t use a previously used password.
- You can’t repeat a character three times in a row in your roadrunner password for example – you can’t use password@111 as your Roadrunner password.
Keep your Roadrunner Email account safe
If your Roadrunner Email hacked due to any reason then you should run Roadrunner password recovery immediately. After recovering the password you should take some necessary precaution to keep your account safe. Some of these necessary precautions are as given below:
- Change Roadrunner password every 30 to 60 days.
- Never share your username and password. You should not also write down your password anywhere.
- You should try to create Roadrunner email password in such a way that it is easy for you to remember but tough for the others to guess it.
- Add your alternate email id and your phone number to make Roadrunner password recovery easier in the future.
- You can also use password manager tools in case you are not good at remembering the password. Always use password manager tools from a renowned company/ developer only.
- Never click on suspicious links while browsing any website or your emails.
- Don’t include personal information such as your date of birth or name in the password as they are easier to guess.