Roadrunner is a webmail service offered by Charter Spectrum to its Internet service users. In recent years, Spectrum internet has gained a fair bit of popularity. As Roadrunner email service is the part of spectrum internet package it is also getting popular. The specialty of Roadrunner email is that it is quite easy to use and offers a lot of storage space. With the increasing popularity, the Roadrunner email is also becoming prone to many issues as well. Many users have criticized this email service stating that their Roadrunner stopped working many times due to varied reasons.
The reasons can be diverse but the problems that users have to face when roadrunner not working is always quite a lot. If you are repeatedly getting errors and issues while using Roadrunner then this article is going to help you a lot. Here, we will provide you with the list of errors and issues that cause problems in the working of Roadrunner. Additionally, we will explain the step by step method to fix the problems why Roadrunner stopped working for you.
Issues and Errors why Roadrunner not working or stopped for you?
Like all other email services, Roadrunner also involves a lot of technical and not-technical glitches. Any of these glitches can be the reason why Roadrunner stopped working for you. Given below is the list of some of the most common Roadrunner issues and errors.
- Unable to sign-in to Roadrunner email.
- Roadrunner email not responding in Windows 8
- Roadrunner not sending emails
- Problem due to roadrunner email not receiving Gmail messages.
- Roadrunner not working on iPhone
- Roadrunner not connecting to the Internet
- Not able to load Roadrunner on Google Chrome.
- Roadrunner not receiving email
- Unable to reset Roadrunner password
- Spectrum roadrunner not working on Mac
- Roadrunner SMTP not working
- Unable to recover Roadrunner password.
These are just a handful of issues which are faced by more number of people than the other issue. Actually, there are various other forms of errors as well which can result in Roadrunner not working for you.
How to Fix the issues why Roadrunner Stopped Working?
As we have stated earlier, there are many issues that can cause Roadrunner to stop working properly. The easy steps to fix some of the most common Roadrunner issues are mentioned below. In case you are facing any of these problems then you should follow the steps to get Roadrunner email to work smoothly.
Unable to log in to Roadrunner Email
There are many possible reasons due to which a user may have to face Roadrunner sign-in issues. A few troubleshooting steps to fix this type of problems is given below:
- Firstly, you should check that the email address and password you are entering is correct. Also, ensure that the Caps lock is not pressed because the password is case-sensitive.
- In case you forgot Roadrunner Password then you should run Roadrunner password recovery. The password recovery will not let you retrieve your old password but allow you to reset Roadrunner password to a new one.
- Slow internet connection can also cause login problems. Make sure your internet connection is fast and smooth.
- Make sure your roadrunner email account is not blocked. If it is so then you should wait until your account gets unlocked by the Roadrunner.
- Try to login again by switch your device and browser.
- If the problem continues then you should get in touch with Roadrunner tech support.
Roadrunner not working on Android
If you are facing problem in running Roadrunner on android then you should try the steps mentioned below:
- Try to reload Roadrunner after restarting the Android phone.
- Make sure you are connected to a smooth internet connection.
- If the problem continues then you should reconfigure Roadrunner on Android. In order to do that, first you need to launch email application on your android device.
- Choose “POP3” and tap “Next”
- Enter your Roadrunner login credentials and tap “next” once again.
- Enter the following information under the “Incoming Server Settings”
- Username: Enter your Roadrunner email address
- Password: Use Roadrunner email password
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com (this may change as per your location)
- Port: 110
- Security type: None
- Tap on the “next” button and enter the following information under “Outgoing Server setting”
- Server: smtp-server.maine.rr.com (subjected to change as per your location)
- Port: 587
- Security type: None
- Require sign-in: Yes (Check the box against require sign-in)
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Use your Roadrunner email password.
- After that, you need to tap on “Ok” and then other settings
- Finally, tap on “Ok” to finish the setup.
If your Roadrunner not working in Android even after entering the correct settings then you may contact Roadrunner customer support.
Roadrunner not working on iPhone
Here are the certain things you should do if your Roadrunner email is not working of iPhone.
- Make sure you have a good internet connectivity
- Restart your iPhone and reload Roadrunner email.
- Check IMAP/ POP settings for configuring Roadrunner with iPhone and make sure you are using correct settings.
- Uninstall Roadrunner from the Mail application and install it again to check if the problem gets fixed or not.
- Switch to IMAP if you are using POP and vice versa to see if the problem gets fixed or not.
Roadrunner not sending emails
There are a few steps you may follow in case you are unable to send email on Roadrunner.
- Make sure you haven’t crossed the limit of the maximum number of emails you can send in a day.
- The size of the email and attachment you are sending should be less than the permissible limit.
- Recheck the email address of your recipients. Make sure you are not doing any typo.
- Call your recipients to make sure you are not in their block list.
- Ask your recipient to check his/her spam folder as sometimes the incoming emails can land there as well.
Unable to receive email on Roadrunner
If your Roadrunner email is not receiving emails then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Make sure you are using Roadrunner email on a compatible browser and device.
- Your PC should have programs that can read the files attached such as Adobe flash player, reader etc.
- Check your block list and make sure you haven’t blocked the sender.
- Check your filter and ensure that the incoming emails are landing in the right folder.
- Make sure there is enough storage space in your Roadrunner account. If you run out of space then you should consider deleting old emails.
Roadrunner stopped working on Google Chrome
If your Roadrunner not working on windows computer having Google Chrome browser then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure it is fast and uninterrupted.
- Clear cache and cookies of your Chrome browser.
- Disable add-ons and extensions of your browser and load Roadrunner again.
- Try to run Roadrunner again after disabling Antivirus and windows firewall settings.
Run Chrome in incognito mode and open Roadrunner once again to check if the problem gets fixed. Visit to more contact Roadrunner Email technical support