The Sbcglobal is a renowned email service which is now a subsidiary of AT&T email. The SBC customer gets the Sbcglobal email account as a part of the SBC internet package. In order to log in to the Sbcglobal email account, the users have to sign in through the AT&T mail website. Due to some awesome features like spam filtration and unmatched security a lot of users sticking with their Sbcglobal email account. However, it is quite common for the users to forget their Sbcglobal password. Such users can reset Sbcglobal password through the AT&T website.
Before resetting the password you should check that Caps lock button is not on in your keyboard. The reason behind this is that the password of Sbcglobal is case-sensitive. If you are also a Sbcglobal user and finding it difficult to reset Sbcglobal password then you should read this tutorial until the end. Here, we will provide you with the most convenient method for Sbcglobal password recovery.
How to recover Sbcglobal Password?
Primarily, there are two methods by which you can reset Sbcglobal.net password as given below:
- Reset Sbcglobal password with a temporary password
- Reset Sbcglobal password with security questions
Let’s discuss both of these methods in detail
Sbcglobal Password recovery with a temporary password
To use this method, you need to have password recovery options such as Sbcglobal password recovery number and email added to your account. Here is how you can reset Sbcglobal password using this method.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of AT&T.
- Click on the “Sign-in” option from the top right corner of the page.
- In the login window, you need to click on the “Forget password” link available at the bottom of the window.
- Then, enter the user ID followed by your Last name so that Sbcglobal can identify your ID.
- Scroll down and enter the captcha code. Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- Select “Temporary password” as the method by which you want to recover Sbcglobal password.
- Select “Send me a Temporary password” option.
- Choose the Sbcglobal password recovery number or email id where you want to receive the temporary password.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Copy the temporary password that you will receive on your password recovery phone number or email ID.
- Paste the temporary password at the prescribed field.
- After entering the password, you will be prompted to create the new password
- Create the new password so that you can use it login to Sbcglobal in future.
The notification of Sbcglobal password recovery will appear as soon as you create a new password. After resetting the password, you can check the new login credential by signing in to Sbcglobal account once again.
Sbcglobal password Recovery with security questions
In addition to the temporary password, you can also use security questions in order to recover Sbcglobal password. Here is how you can do it.
- Visit the Sbcglobal login page through the AT&T website.
- Click on the sign-in button from the top corner of the page.
- Click on the “Forget password” link from the login window.
- Provide your full “Sbcglobal email address” and your last name.
- Click on the “continue” button.
- Choose “I’ll answer my security questions” from the subsequent menu.
- Answer the security questions as per the best of your knowledge. The security questions are those questions you have selected while creating the account.
- Then, click on “Continue”.
- Follow the instructions that will appear on your screen in order to create a new password.
- Finally, login to Sbcglobal account to check the new password.
If you are unable to log into Sbcglobal even after resetting the password then you should contact Sbcglobal support.
How to change Sbcglobal password?
It is time and again recommended that users should change Sbcglobal password regularly to keep their account safe. If you are able to log into Sbcglobal email then you can easily change the password by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to log in to your Sbcglobal email account.
- Go to your “Sign-in info” page.
- Choose “Change password” option.
- Enter the new password.
- Save the newly entered password.
That’s it, you don’t have to do anything else to change Sbcglobal password. Now, you have to log into your Sbcglobal account using the new password only.
Update Sbcglobal password recovery option
To make your Sbcglobal password recovery easier you should update your Sbcglobal password recovery options such as Sbcglobal password recovery number and security questions. Here is how you can do it.
Update Sbcglobal password recovery number
- Log in to your Sbcglobal email account.
- Open profile and choose “Sign-in info”.
- Scroll down to “My linked accounts” and choose “Manage email account”.
- Choose “Edit user information” option.
- Enter your number and check the box against “Use this number to reset your password”.
- Click on the “save changes” button.
- Complete the verification process by confirming the message sent to your phone number.
Note: You cannot use the recently added phone number for Sbcglobal password recovery due to security issues. Actually, you need to wait for 30 days after adding a phone number then only you can use it for Sbcglobal password recovery.
Update Sbcglobal security questions.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to update the security questions added to your Sbcglobal email account.
- Sign-in to your Sbcglobal email account.
- Go to the profile option and then click sign-in info.
- Choose “Change security questions” option under the “Online security questions” section.
- Select the security questions and answers as per your choice.
- Finally, save your security questions.
You should choose security questions in such a way that you can remember the answers easily. Not doing so can lock you out of your Sbcglobal password.
Guidelines for Sbcglobal password
No matter you want to change Sbcglobal password or run Sbcglobal password recovery both the times you need to enter a new password. Here are the guidelines that you should keep in mind while providing a new Sbcglobal password.
- The password should be 6-24 characters long.
- The password should not consist of all letters
- Additionally, the password should not have all numbers.
- The password must not be same as your username.
- An ideal Sbcglobal password should have a combination of lowercase letter, uppercase letter, hyphens (-) or underscores (_).
- The Sbcglobal password is case sensitive so make sure caps lock key is not on in your keyboard while entering the new password.
- Avoid using common series like 123456, QWERTY, abcdef in your Sbcglobal password.
- Also avoid using your public information such as your name, pet name, date of birth as your password.
Helpful tips to make Sbcglobal Password safer in the future
The Sbcglobal password recovery can be utterly difficult if you don’t have recovery options such as phone number or security questions added to your account. However, if you take some necessary precautions then you will not lose access to your password and won’t need password recovery.
- Keep a written note of your password at a safe place.
- Change Sbcglobal password regularly to keep hackers and scammers at bay.
- Never give third-party applications complete access to your Sbcglobal account. Many times these applications are responsible for Sbcglobal login issues.
- If you are not good at remembering passwords then you may also opt for a good password manager. The password manager can be very helpful if you use multiple email accounts.
- Keep updating Sbcglobal password recovery number and security questions so that you don’t have to face trouble in recovering Sbcglobal password.
- Try to keep a long password so that it becomes harder for the hackers to trace it.
- Don’t use the same password for more than one email IDs.