Yahoo is amongst the prominent email service provider having billions of happy customers. It provides smooth emailing experience to its users and is widely appraised for the same. Nonetheless, different issues while working with Yahoo mail arise from time to time. Problems related to sending and receiving emails in Yahoo mail are very common. And clearly what’s the point in using an email service if you are even able to send or receive messages. Not to worry as it is quite simple to fix the Yahoo email not sending or receiving issue just by following the right steps. In this article, the users can find the easy solutions for their sending and receiving errors in Yahoo mail.
Common issues related to Yahoo not sending/ receiving emails
The different ways in which the sending or receiving error in Yahoo mail can affect you are given as:
- Yahoo mail not receiving emails 2019
- Why my yahoo mail cannot receive email
- Yahoo mail not working on android
- Why my yahoo mail cannot receive email from other suddenly
- Yahoo mail sent but not received
- Yahoo mail not receiving email from one person
- Yahoo mail not showing all emails
- Yahoo mail not sending emails 2019
- Yahoo email sending error in iPhone
Reasons behind the sending and receiving error in Yahoo
The possible reasons due to which you may face Yahoo mail sending and receiving error are listed below:
- You have reached the sending or receiving limit of your Yahoo mail.
- Your internet connection is slow not allowing you to send or receive emails.
- The sender’s address you are typing is incorrect and therefore sending fails.
- Storage is full and therefore you are not able to receive new emails.
- Sometimes setting issues may also create problem in sending or receiving Yahoo emails.
- If the email is not sent to or received from a particular person, the problem may be at his/ her end.
How to fix the sending or receiving error in Yahoo mail?
The users can fix the sending/ receiving error in Yahoo mail once they get to know the actual reason behind this problem. Some simple troubleshooting measures that the users can follow to solve this problem are discussed below.
Solve Yahoo mail sending issue
- First and foremost, make sure that you have a proper internet connection with a fairly good speed. If the sending issue is due to slow internet speed, simply connect to a good network and your problem is solved automatically.
- The sender’s address that you are entering must be correct. Space, spelling error, etc in the address can make it incorrect and you will get an error message while sending email to such address.
- If you are attaching any file in your email, make sure that the size of the file is within the prescribed limits. Also Yahoo has a day-wise sending limit. If you have already reached the sending limit for a particular day, you will have to wait till next day before you can send the emails.
- If you are sending email quite frequently, Yahoo may suspect you as a spam. In such case, it might block you from sending emails for some time. If this happens, you simply have to wait until Yahoo unblocks you.
- Sometimes, the emails are successfully sent by you but not received in the inbox of the receiver. Ask the receiver of your emails to check his/ her spam or trash. To fix this, the receiver will have to check email settings at their end.
Fix receiving error in Yahoo mail
- Slow internet speed can cause Yahoo mail receiving error too. Make sure that there is no problem with your internet connection.
- In case you are running short of storage space, you will not be receiving incoming emails. To fix this, you will have to delete some messages that are not important.
- Ask the sender to make sure that he/ she have your email address correct.
- Check your trash or spam as sometimes due to error in settings, incoming emails land into trash/ spam.
- Make sure that you are not facing server issues or network outage in your area. If this is the case, you need to wait till the Yahoo fixes this problem.
Certain common solutions
- Make sure you are using an updated browser for opening Yahoo email. In case of app, the app should be up-to-date.
- Sometimes, it can be your device that is creating problem in sending or receiving emails. Try using another device to resolve this.
- Try signing out and in to your Yahoo mail account.
- If you are running the Yahoo mobile application, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Yahoo app in your device.
- Make sure that you have not accidently blocked the email address to which you are trying to send or receive message from.